Scholarships of DKK 10,000 for periods of study abroad
In collaboration with the "Lærerstandens Brandforsikring" insurance company, five scholarships of DKK 10,000 will be awarded to students aiming to study or do a practice placement abroad. The study time period abroad must take place in the autumn 2021.
A condition for being awarded the scholarship is that you are a full-time student at UCL and have taken out a student insurance policy with this specific Danish insurance company, or at "Runa forsikring" or "Bauta forsikring".
In addition, the following criteria apply:
Applicants who are not receiving grants from Erasmus+ or Nordplus will be given priority.
The quality of your personalised application and your academic performance will be taken into account when selecting those who are to receive scholarships.
The application must contain the following:
- Completed application form.
- Your personalised application, one A4 page at the most.
- A budget covering the estimated expenses connected with your period of study abroad.
- Proof of the insurance policy at "Lærerstandens Brandforsikring".
- Your Transcript of Records at UCL, you can find it at ItsLearning.
The application and attachments must be sent to email@example.com - International Team. You can find the application form here.
Please contact Cristina Lerche, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or if you have any questions.
The Nordea Foundation scholarship for a period of study abroad
The Nordea Fund grants scholarships to the tune of about DKK 3 million annually to professional bachelor students intending to do some of their studies abroad. There are two annual application deadlines: April 15 and October 15.
The scholarships are intended to support students who want to travel and do some of their studies abroad, with a view to:
- acquiring academic qualifications that cannot be obtained at their educational institution in Denmark;
- acquiring a global outlook, learning to move in international circles and working with people from a different background;
- having new and exciting life experiences.
To qualify for a scholarship, the period of study must meet the following criteria:
- You are attending teaching or doing a traineeship abroad for a continuous period of at least three months. In the case of health education programmes, however, periods of at least 10 weeks are accepted, if the course studied carries a minimum of 15 ECTS points.
- During your stay abroad, you must be attending an educational institution or have a work
- Your studies or traineeship must correspond to the contents of a Danish course of studies, and you must have documentary proof that they have been approved by your Danish educational institution in the form of credits, or some equivalent recognition.
- You must have completed at least one year of your professional bachelor's programme before commencing the period of study abroad for which you are applying. If you have not completed your first year of studies at the time of application, any scholarship that may be granted can only be paid out when proof of this situation has been submitted.
To learn more, search nordeafonden.dk/legater, or visit Nordea Foundation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nordeafonden.legat